Saturday 14 November 2015

7.5 weeks

It's been a week of ups and downs!

Over the past few days we have told our siblings the news. My sister Ellie is a nurse. She was please to hear the news, but also knows that we are still a while off the 'safe' time yet, so is cautiously optimistic. My other sister Becca was very excited, I could practically see her jumping through the phone! Tims sister and my brother Keygan were both excited too, Keygan more than I expected, which was nice.

I want to make sure I continue playing basketball as long as I can, since that's really my only regular exercise at this point. Basketball was cancelled this week unfortunately, but we kept our dinner date with our good friends Tom & Megan. I was glad we'd told our siblings, because Tom had picked up within 5 minutes of dinner! I called another good friend Eri yesterday to share the news with her. She is currently 30 weeks pregnant, so has a pretty good idea of what I'm dealing with! We had a good chat on the phone and I felt much better with her knowing. Two of my cousins have also have babies recently, so it won't be long before I share with them. 

My morning sickness definitely isn't getting any better yet, in fact Tim actually thinks it's getting worse. There have been a couple of mornings this week where I've been sick multiple times. If I have a good day, I'll get a few hours in the afternoon where I feel ok. At this stage I'm very much taking things one day at a time. I'm just eating whatever I can get down and really trying to make sure I get enough fluids into me!

So far as work is concerned, I don't think I'll be able to go much longer without letting my boss know. Apart from anything else, I want her to start organising someone who can step in if things get worse. Work mornings I skip my laxatives, so I avoid the whole tummy massage thing, which seems to be the main trigger for my vomiting. It's been working so far, but I'm not sure how long it will continue to work for.

I've booked in my dating scan for the week after next, so I'm looking forward to that. I also have an appointment with Dr H booked for the week after that, but I think I'm going to go see my GP about going public. I just can't justify the thousands of dollars it's going to cost me, for such a small return. Since I'll be classed high risk, I'm going to be seeing Dr H and Dr D anyway!

So in summary, I feel like crap, but at least I have a couple of people I can talk to about it now and I can stop lying to my sisters every time they ask how I've been!

No comments:

Post a Comment