Sunday 8 November 2015

4.5 weeks

So it turns out my original expectations were closer to my readjusted ones! I was due to get my period Saturday and managed to hold out until Monday to do a pregnancy test. I hadn't even finished peeing and it was showing positive!

I called up to see my GP, Dr G, but he was away, so I went to see one of the other doctors at my clinic. I was feeling a bit guilty for leaving for leaving him out of the loop, but I wasn't waiting til the end of the week. (I did email him to make sure he knew).

The doctor I saw instead ordered a blood test to confirm and went through all the basics, what foods to avoid etc, but between Dr G and Dr H, I think we had covered it all already. I called yesterday and the blood test confirmed it, pregnant 4-5 weeks! If we go off the date I got my last period, then it's five weeks tomorrow.

So far I've only told the two doctors and the dog. I'm bursting inside!! We have both sets of parents coming over for dinner tomorrow so we can tell them. I think Tim would rather keep it to ourselves a bit longer, but I need to tell Mum. And I can't tell her without telling the other three, so all the parents it is! I'm dying to tell my sisters, but our parents come first.
I think one of the reasons Tim wants to wait is because of the increased risk of miscarriage. That is the exact reason I need to tell Mum. If I do, I need her to know about it. Tim is wonderful and very supportive, but I need more than him if this pregnancy doesn't stick.

And so the adventure really begins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment