Sunday 8 November 2015

5.5 weeks

What a difference a week makes! I can't say I've really enjoyed the past few days.

We arranged dinner last Thursday to tell our parents, but ended up telling Tim's mum the day before as she was going away and couldn't make it. The next night we told Tim's dad and both of my parents. It was so good to be able to tell mum and talk to her about what was going on. I mean she's been through this before, so she knows what I'm going through and what to expect. Although I'm really kee to tell my sisters, I know she's right that once people know, it stops being about Tim and I and will become all about the baby. This is our last chance to be selfish, to just be us. 

Everything was going fine until I told my mother-in-law I was sleeping well and I told my mum I hadn't been feeling sick. So now of course, I've been proved wrong on both counts! Add to that my post pranial hypotension, and I've spent the last week bouncing between three different versions of awful. I did have a few hours reprieve yesterday afternoon which was lovely and gave me a chance to catch up on some of the neglected housework. I'm pulling out every trick I can think of to get around the fatigue/exhaustion.

At least I'm not vomiting I guess. Although, judging on my previous week, I'm about to start, now that I've said it out loud. I'm just feeling 'off'' all the time, though drinking bubbly drinks and burping lots makes me feel better, even if it isn't the most ladylike behaviour.

I'm currently only working one day a week, that day being tomorrow. Saturday I was wondering how the hell I'm meant to manage that, but after yesterday I'm feeling a bit more encouraged about it. I've also picked up a bit this afternoon. So I'll go in tomorrow and see how I go. If it is too much, I'll have to let them know I'm not going to be available. I did speak to my boss a few months ago to let her know we would be trying for a baby soon and I really didn't know how long I would be able to keep working when it did happen. You would think I could manage one day a week!

I've been in contact with my para mum in Victoria this week again, asking her some more questions that have come up, like how she was effected from a mobility perspective and with catheters and so on. While her circumstances are slightly different to mine, it's very handy to bounce ideas and questions off her.

I haven't heard from the doctors yet, though I didn't really expect to. I don't imagine they will be scanning or anythign for at least a few weeks yet. I know if we want to test for downs syndrome, they will take a blood test at around 9 weeks, so we need to decide if we want to do that. I also need to decide if I want to go public or private. From what I've heard from others, it isn't going to make much of a difference for me. As I'm a high risk patient, I'll be attended to by the OB's anyway and the two that work at the hospital are Dr H and Dr D.

Hopefully I will work out how to deal with these symptoms over the next couple of weeks and I can start enjoying this a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment