Friday 8 December 2017

Today, I'm a Shit Mum

This week, I'm a shit mum. Don't get me wrong, for the most part I'm killing this, but this week, I'm not. I'm so bloody tired and angry. I have no patience. Will has perfected his mum's frown and growl in a way no little kid should. I feel like every second word out of my mouth is 'no,' or 'don't,' or 'stop,' or 'down.' And the others all seem to be swear words. I have this wonderful sweet, smart,  inquisitive little boy, but I keep shutting him down cause I can't keep my shit together.

My house is a wreak. As I'm writing this, the table is covered with card making stuff because a, I like making my own cards and b, I own hundreds of dollars worth of card making stuff, so it feels stupid buying them. The floors are filthy. The sink is covered in dishes, as well as leftovers from both lunch and breakfast. I have managed to turn on the washing machine, but not to hang anything out yet.

Anyway, I know we all have days when we feel like everyone else is doing a better job than us. This week, I'm having a couple of those days. So next week, I'm making some time for me. Because like this, I'm not a good mum. I don't like me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment